Child’s Dream was established in 2003 and is dedicated to empower children, youth and communities in the Mekong Sub-Region. We have impacted over 379,000 direct beneficiaries so far through the implimentation of 775 projects. Education is one of the main pillars of our work in the four countries we operate: Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia and Thailand. We cover education in its entirety, from kindergarten all the way up to university education and vocational programmes.
Educated teachers and content relevant curriculum are keys to a successful knowledge transfer. Therefore, we also conduct teacher training and produce curriculum and class materials for non-formal community schools in Myanmar and along the Thai-Myanmar border.
Key Areas of Investment
- Produce learning materials relevant to the Myanmar context
- Produce learning materials to build knowledge and skills to enable students to address a range of social issues and inequalities in Myanmar society
- Produce resources to support the training and development of teachers in the Myanmar context
- Conduct general skills and content-specific training workshops to introduce teachers to the concept of student-centered pedagogy
- Provide training and curriculum support to partners in Thailand and Myanmar
- Distribute materials to schools in need