Aimed at reducing the incidence of truancy in primary schools as a result of poverty and malnutrition, the Shining Jewels project facilitates opportunities in achieving quality education amongst at-risk children.
A positive working relationship between schools, the municipal health department and a band of enthusiastic volunteers from the local community has resulted in collaborative efforts attaining improved outcomes in health, hygiene, nutrition and well-being.
Fun competitions and a joyful atmosphere engage with those children most at risk of truancy and keep them focused on accomplishing excellence in education.
Key Areas of Investment
- Improved health / well-being of destitute children
- Quality education provided for at-risk students
- Catch-up tuition programs
- University scholarships for tertiary education
- Improved futures for Filipino youth through vocational training scholarships